Sunday, August 10, 2014

Grave yard

Working on a new side collaboration project. I will be building a New Orleans style graveyard in Blender.

Built a few crypts.



I Modeled a few variations with a small variety of textures.  I wanted to layout a grid of crypts and vaults. I tried using dupli faces. This worked but it was tedious laying out each type of element.
Click to see full render

Above is a test render. I ended up with a dozen different grave sites. I wanted to lay them out in a grid with randomly selected elements.  Using a plane with a particle emitter place on the ground plane, I was able to generate a random grid of my grave elements placed in a group. I set the start and finish to frame 1. Lifetime
set beyond scope of project. Forces set to 0. Had to play with rotation and scale to get what I wanted. Adjusting the resolution changes the random pattern. The test render above has 4 emitters on the ground plane. Once the modeling is done it was very quick and easy to set up the particles.

Update:

I was getting a repeating pattern of grave elements. I think I resolved it by increasing the end time for the particles, this allows them to become more random...

1 comment:

  1. I also missed the random button on the render tab where you select the group.

    ReplyDelete